Operation ReLaunch was born from the compassion for and understanding of what it means to return home after service. For those on the outside looking in, it would seem that a suite of resources are ready to spring into action once the veteran decides it is time to move on to a new chapter. This is not the case! In addition to the growing national spotlight on problems facing veterans, we have first hand accounts from veterans involved with our program. This has allowed us to develop what the veteran truly needs on a local level: a seamless, holistic pathway between resources that is designed to understand and enable them to adjust.
- Provide housing and meals for each veteran in the program on an 8- acre site of a former Veterans Administration facility.
- Provide counseling and guidance by experts in the mental and physical services.
- Provide job training through area colleges and universities.
- Assist each qualified individual with job placement
- Promote public awareness of the issues facing veterans as they try to move into civilian life from the military.
- Assist each veteran in understanding the benefits available.
Our vision is to recreate and facilitate a seamless support network for men and women transitioning from Active Duty service by leveraging community networks already in existence to close the gap.